So you’re a busy person, work a lot, have family to care for, and never feel like you have the time to sit down and learn a new skill like investing?
In this blog we’ll cover how to become a property investor with none of your own money down whilst keeping your day job.
1. Back-to-back flips
- Buy the property and sell it straight away for a higher sale price. The properties will transfer on the same day and you will split the difference.
- People will give you a discount if you are able to solve their problems for a few months. In our case, we took control of a property and secured it so that nothing bad would happen to it, plus signed an offer to buy the property which for the owner, meant it was sold. The owner wanted it off his hands and things to worry about, and we did just that.
- You can force values on many places simply by cleaning and painting to make it more attractive, and then market it aggressively. If you have bought right, it will work.
- We have done 2 back to backs this year. One in Johannesburg and made R50,000 profit. We didn’t do much with it, just a bit of cleaning and tidying, plus calling a few good real estate agents who work well with investors.
- We then used that money to fund the second flip where we got a discount by taking over the rates, taxes, water and electricity costs. This meant the owner who couldn’t fund these costs didn’t have to. Problem solved.
- The idea isn’t to make one investment and to get rich, but rather to make investing a part of your REGULAR financial life and let your assets stack up one by one. A few “smaller” assets will stack up to significant passive income eventually.
- It only takes 1 or 2 properties a year over 10 years to build up a portfolio
2. Become a Surety investor
- Use the bank’s money to finance a property and get paid to do so.
- There are many investors who will pay you just to stand surety on a property. They will run the deal and pay you a monthly amount for the privilege of using your affordability.
- Think about that, you are using the bank’s money to make you money. Its flipped it on its head.
- What you need: a good credit record and bond affordability. Not sure of you have that? Contact us and we can help with all of that.
- Or to make your life easier, you could partner with us and we’ll do it for you.
3. Become a Sourcing agent
- This is more time intensive, but perfect for the analytical person out there.
- Get paid to find, analyse and present deals to investors who buy the deals from you.
- One easy way to SUPERCHARGE your investments is to take one of our courses.
- This means you have no guess work and no worrying about if you’re doing the vetting right – we will be right there with you helping you navigate this.
YES this requires a small time commitment upfront, but after you determine what investments are best for you and land your first deal then like we mentioned above – you are a passive income earner forever moving forward!
It’s ridiculously affordable – Check out the ZAtraining sourcing course
- Take advantage of Arbitrage and money partners like us where you can borrow low from one person and lend high to another person
- Where do you get the money from? You can look at debt sources: Refinance mortgage to buy an asset, Personal loans, credit cards, asset backed lending on your car.
- Friends and family loan at 8% and lend out at 12% – pocket 4% for doing nothing
5. Know a guy like me
The big challenge with investing is usually related to knowing how can you Invest with the level of capital you currently have?
Another challenge is knowing how to find safe deals that will create passive income and finally managing those investments while already working full time.
We are looking for real estate and money all the time, and by partnering with us you will get to earn and learn at the same time
“But Michael I don’t know anything and I don’t have the time to learn everything required to do this knowing its a smart financial decision?”
We definitely don’t recommend investing in something you have absolutely no idea about.
Don’t want the stress of managing a business or rental property (whether it’s residential or commercial property?)
Trust us, we work with people to get them EASILY into investing – so we really get it.
Head to my investing page and sign up
What is a real estate investor salary in South Africa?
As mentioned, you can invest in real estate in many different ways, and either choose to be active or passive.
But in short, your “salary” is uncapped and will be based on your appetite.
How to become a property investor with no money? It’s not as hard as you thought
As explained above, there are at least 5 ways to invest in real estate and earn an income – whether you are working full time or if you are retired and want to make your money work for you.
Get in touch with me today to start you property investment journey.